Plastic pollution in the ocean is, unfortunately, a problem of the utmost urgency because our trash is killing thousands of marine animals every year.
In honor of World Water Day, we prepared a detailed infographic based on our article about the effects of bottled water on the environment.
Our goal was to answer the most frequent questions related to plastic pollution in the ocean and raise awareness on how bottled water, alone, is contributing to the rapid degradation of the aquatic environment.
These are some of the questions we hope our infographic will help clear up:
- How much plastic do humans generate from drinking bottled water alone?
- How do water bottles contribute to plastic pollution at a global level?
- How many plastic bottles are in the ocean?
- How many plastic bottles are made each year?
- How can we save the planet from a slow death by plastic asphyxiation?
Let’s dive in and explore the facts!