On average, a medium-sized household wastes about 30 gallons of water a day while waiting for the water to get hot. However, when you have to wait for the water in your house to heat up, you waste not only plenty of water but of energy and money. The answer to this problem is hot water recirculating pumps. The best hot water recirculating pump delivers hot water instantly. It also boosts your quality of life in the blink of an eye, protecting your budget and the environment.
How Did We Choose These 6 Best Hot Water Recirculation Pumps?
We spent hours researching each brand and model. We have talked to pro plumbers, manufacturers, and users. The conclusion of this thorough research is the article below.
These recirculation pumps come with great advantages (quality of life, comfort, budget, etc.) and support your water conservation efforts. Today, we will discuss each best hot water recirculating pump on this list in detail.
Moreover, we also added a new contender for 2020 – a hot water recirculating pump that is best for your green living and sustainability efforts.
|Product Name||Power Source||Flow Rate||Special Feature||Best For|
Grundfos GRU-595916 Hot Water Recirculating Pump
Check Latest Price
|Corded electric||9 GPM||Built-in timer||EDITORS’ CHOICE: Best Overall|
Laing LHB08100081 Low Flow Hot Water Recirculating Pump
Check Latest Price
|Corded electric||Up to 5 GPM||Rated for temperatures up to 230 F||Easy Installation|
Grundfos 59896775 Hot Water Recirculating Pump
Check Latest Price
|Corded Electric||Up to 5 GPM||The stainless steel body design||Versatility|
Grundfos 59896341 Super Brute Hot Water Recirculating Pump
Check Latest Price
|Corded Electric||Up to 11 GPM||Built-in removable check valve||Durability|
Trupow Hot Water Recirculating Pump
Check Latest Price
|Corded Electric||Up to 7 GPM||Silent||Residential & Commercial Use|
The Best Hot Water Recirculating Pump: 2020 Update
Grundfos GRU-595916 Pump
Why Should You Buy the Grundfos GRU-595916 Hot Water Recirculating Pump?
You will hear us – and experts – talking about Grundfos hot water recirculation pumps a lot throughout this piece because the brand has an impressive reputation and the products are very good. Therefore, we begin our hot water recirculating pump reviews with the Grundfos GRU-595916 model we consider to be the best overall choice. Let’s see some of its features!
- Suitable for circulation of hot domestic water;
- Great for circulation of liquid in cooling and air-conditioning systems;
- Eliminates and prevents corrosive effects of freshwater;
- Maximum fluid temperature: 150 F;
- 6-foot cord included.
|Best overall use hot water recirculating pump||Some complained about the warranty|
|Low energy consumption|
A versatile product with plenty of uses and great features, the Grundfos GRU-595916 is a great investment for any family. The price is more than affordable and the tech specs, together with the brand’s reputation, make this product an excellent choice for residential use.
Laing LHB08100081 Low Flow Pump
Why Should You Buy the Laing LHB08100081 Low Flow Hot Water Recirculating Pump?
The Laing pump is one of the market’s best-sellers. Besides its easy installation and reliability, this hot water recirculating pump also comes with a handful of useful features. Let’s see some of them:
- Requires only 33 watts of power;
- It features dry run cutout provided on pumps for hot water recirculation;
- It is rated for temperatures to 230 degree F and line pressures to 150 PSI
- Warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for 2 years from the date of manufacture or 1 year from the date of user purchase, whichever is sooner.
|Easy DIY installation and maintenance||Timer not included|
|Low energy consumption|
With its easy DIY installation, great price, and enthusiast customers’ reviews, the Laig hot water recirculating pump is an excellent investment. It works well for large homes and families. The flow rate, temperature range, and PSI features make it an ideal choice if you need hot water in seconds to fulfill all your daily needs.
Grundfos 59896775 Pump
Why Should You Buy the Grundfos 59896775 Hot Water Recirculating Pump?
The second Grundfos product on our list of best hot water recirculating pump reviews is the 59896775 model. We rated it best for versatility, as you can use it in plenty of ways: open and closed-loop radiant heating, hydronic heating, hot water recirculation, solar, and other applications. If you add the following tech specs and features to the enthusiast customer reviews, you will get a better idea of why this product is on this list:
- Easy installation if you follow the straightforward and clear instructions;
- Comes with unions and washers;
- 1/12 Horsepower
- Very quiet.
|A large variety of residential & commercial applications||Timer not included|
|Great price/value ratio|
The second Grundfos pump on our list is an excellent choice if you need a hot water recirculating pump with a good price, time-tested reliability, and a high level of versatility. An affordable, no-fuss product, this pump will meet your needs and exceed your expectations. While you have to get some accessories for it (like a timer), overall, you won’t regret buying it.
Grundfos 59896341 Super Brute Circulator Pump
Why Should You Buy the Grundfos 59896341 SUPER BRUTE Hot Water Recirculating Pump?
Every feature and tech spec of this product speaks of and adds up to its reliability and durability. It incorporates a cast iron housing, three-speed motor (Low/Med/High) and a built-in, removable check valve. Moreover, the product covers nearly all traditional heating applications – from radiant and baseboards, to fan coils and more. But let’s see the highlights of this pump, shall we?
- Ceramic shaft and radical bearings;
- Stainless steel rotor can and bearing plate;
- Corrosion-resistant impeller;
- Cast iron pump housing.
|Built to resist||You may encounter warranty issues|
|Works great with in-floor heating for all-size spaces|
|Easy to install|
The third Grundfos pump on our list is, as its name suggests, a brute when it comes to building and efficiency. It perfectly replaces an old model that you need to change. It also makes an excellent investment for your home in case you need a heavy-duty hot water pump to run 24/7. The price is compelling and the users’ reviews convincing, so all we can say is you should give this product a run for its money.
Trupow Automatic Circulation Pump
Why Should You Buy the Trupow Hot Water Recirculating Pump?
The Trupow pump is an excellent choice if you consider both residential and commercial uses. Suitable for city buildings, suburban villas, houses, and industrial projects, this hot water recirculating pump is the best money can buy for a handful of reasons:
- Pump housing: Aluminium;
- Motor wire: Copper;
- Shaft: Ceramic;
- No leakage;
- Low noise;
- Provides environmental protection;
- Easy to install.
|An excellent choice for both residential and commercial use||None that we can think of|
The Trupow hot water pump is an excellent choice for those on a budget who want the best quality possible from such a product. Resilient, excellently built, and able to meet your residential and business needs, this hot water recirculating pump has only enthusiast customer reviews and represents a serious contender to other similar pumps on the market.
Why Should You Buy the Watts Premier Instant Hot Water Recirculation Pump?
The new water recirculating pump on this 2020 updated list comes from Watts, a reputable brand in the field of water filtration and treatment products. It works best for older homes that waste a lot of time, water, and energy to get hot water for daily needs. Here are other tech specs and features you might want to consider:
- Helps you save up to 15,000 gallons of water per year;
- Saves you up to 10% of your water bill each month;
- Easily connects to existing plumbing and is maintenance-free;
- The kit includes a pump with a timer, 2 adapters with rubber washers, valve mounting screws, sensor valve, and two 12-inch supply lines;
- The 24-hour programmable timer activates the pump when you need it;
- It provides hot water at every faucet or shower when needed.
|Best choice for green living||Does not work with tankless water heaters|
|Saves about 15,000 gallons of water each year|
|Extremely quiet compared to other systems|
|Extremely easy to install and use|
This Watts hot water recirculating pump comes with a great price and tech specs. However, its best feature is the water-saving one. It works best for older homes and for medium/large families needing hot water in an instant without wasted time, money, or energy. While it does not function with tankless water heaters, it is easy to add to your plumbing system. Quiet, efficient, and eco-friendly, this is the best hot water recirculating pump if you want to step up your game in water conservation.
Can a Hot Water Recirculating Pump Lower Your Water Footprint?
Many environmentally concerned people ask this question in the context of lowering the water footprint. The numbers speak for themselves: the average household wastes about 70 gallons of water a day. Showers, laundry, toilet flushing, cooking, and the usual house chores add up to incredible amounts of waster perfectly clean water.
- Hot water recirculating pumps save you the water you waste when you wait for your plumbing system to work and deliver the hot water you need for a shower or a bath.
Some people collect the cold/semi-cold running water to use it around the house, however. This too adds up to water conservation efforts. Now, if you need more ideas on how to reuse water in your home, read the guideline below!How to Reuse Greywater to Save the Planet and Your Money!
Hot water recirculating pumps help you reach similar goals as tankless water heaters do. Here are some of their similarities and benefits:
- Both systems provide you with instant hot water without waste, thus minimizing your financial burden over time.
- Moreover, since you enjoy hot water instantly, you also lower your water footprint throughout the year.
- Some homes and businesses prefer installing electric tankless water heaters because the installation is easy. Besides, such devices are compact enough to fit almost all spaces and run smoothly without interventions.
What Should You Look for in the Best Hot Water Recirculating Pump?
Now that we presented you with our five hot water recirculating pump reviews, it is time to briefly discuss the way you should purchase them. Therefore, let’s see together a quick buying guide!
- Temperature range: it is an important feature especially if you want to control the temperature level of your water and adjust it to your needs;
- Flow rate: As a piece of advice, look for hot water recirculating pumps that do not interfere with the average water flow rate of your home or business. Some pumps can reach levels of 11-15 GPM. Some allow a constant 5 GPM rate, which can satisfy the needs of a medium-sized home & family.
- Accessories: Most hot water recirculating pumps come with built-in timers, power cords, unions, and fittings. Make sure you get everything you asked for, as some manufacturers tend to be vague when it comes to explicitly declaring what you get in the package.
- Warranty: One of the most important features you need to consider, solid warranty policy and reliable customer service will give you the peace of mind you need. Of course, some pumps work for years if not decades. Nevertheless, you should check out the warranty and replacement policies enforced by the manufacturers.
- Build: Make sure your new hot water recirculating pump features sturdy and high-quality materials that add up to its resilience to 24/7 use.
If you ever used one or more of these hot water recirculating pumps, we are more than happy to hear what you have to say about them! What is the best pump in your opinion? Have you had any negative experiences with any of them? Drop us a line and tell us what you think about them!