- The type of data we collect through this website;
- How we collect, use, and share the data we collect;
- The choices you have when it comes to sharing your data on this website;
- How we protect your data, as well as other information you should know about.
Personally Identifiable Information Collection and Sharing
The only personally identifiable information waterisaright.com collects is the one you voluntarily provide us. This means we will only collect the name and email address you use when you submit a comment or contact us through email or contact form.
Please note that you don’t have to use your real name or primary email address when reaching out to us via comment, contact form or email. You can use an alias and a secondary or disposable email address if you’re not comfortable sharing your personally identifiable information with us.
Waterisaright.com does not share your personally-identifiable information with third-parties.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information Collection and Sharing
Waterisaright.com also collects non-personally identifiable information such as – but not limited to – device IDs, IP addresses, cookies, log files, and browsing patterns.
The non-personally identifiable information we collect is mainly used to examine users’ behavior and browsing patterns. This allows us to manage our website better and improve the user experience.
Please note that some third-parties may have access to parts of your non-personally identifiable information. However, this information will only be used for purposes like placing relevant ads on the pages you visit.
Cookies and How We Use Them
Waterisaright.com uses the following types of cookies:
- First Party Cookies. These cookies are issued by our website when a user lands on this domain. First-party cookies are saved on the user’s computer. If a users decides to disable first-party cookies, our website would not be able to track the user’s activity and support basic functionalities.
- Third Party Cookies. These cookies are not created by our website; instead, they are stored on a user’s computer by a website from a domain other than waterisaright.com. Third party cookies are used to store surfing and personalization preferences, as well as tracking information. They are mostly set by advertising networks that a website may subscribe to.
- Secure Cookies. These are types of HTTP cookies that have Secure attribute set and are incompatible with scripting languages. These cookies are used solely for storing information, meaning hackers cannot exploit them.
What We May Use Your Information For
Any information we collect from our visitors may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience on our website, such as including relevant, targeted ads.
- To improve our website.
- To create relevant newsletters for our readers.
- To respond to our readers’ questions, inquiries, and comments.
- For market research purposes.
- Waterisaright.com will not rent, sell or share your personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable with third-parties.
The Storage and Protection of Your Data
Waterisaright.com uses multiple security measures to ensure the safety and confidentiality of all information shared with us. We use physical and electronic security measures & encryption to ensure the protection of your data.
- Right to access. Any user can request access to the personal data stored on our website.
- Right to withdraw consent. In cases where data processing is based on consent granted by the user, the user can withdraw their consent at any time, but this may affect the way this website functions for them.
- Right to rectification. Users also have the right to rectify or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal data stored by this website.
- Right to object. The user has the right to object to our data processing. In this case, we shall no longer process the user’s personal data.
- Right to erasure. Users have the right to have their personal data erased from our systems upon request. We may not be able to erase all residual copies from our systems immediately, but they shall be eras as soon as possible.
If you wish to learn more about your rights or you want to exercise any of these rights, you will need to contact us and we may have to verify your identity.
Keep an Eyes on Us
Last updated: December 2018