There have been environmental-centric social movements before, but the global climate strike on September 20 is going to be like nothing any of us ever imagined.
If you heard about this global movement (taking place on Friday), you already know about Greta Thunberg, the School Strike 4 Climate initiative, the Fridays for Future one, and the young generation of today who is making a stand like no other. However, in case you do not know what everything is about, let us summarize things for you.
The Global Youth Strike of 2019: Why Is It Important for Everyone to Join?
We always say that our kids are the leaders of tomorrow. But, it is the wrong choice of words, as they are the leaders of today. They cannot stay silent anymore, and they are definitely the role models we, the adults, need so we can make this world a safer place. Together.
The global climate strike represents the conviction, passion, and determination of millions of young people across the globe who want to make it clear that climate change is a huge problem that needs addressing now, not sometime in the future.
With polar ice caps melting, temperatures on the rise, extreme weather phenomena causing disasters, wildlife disappearing, and huge industries pushing the environment on the brink of collapse, there is no wonder our kids are fighting for their lives.
The Future Is Theirs. We Have to Make Sure They Still Have One
The young generation is ready to take a stand through strikes and protests and hold its ground until significant improvements become visible and measurable, and we should all be there every step of the way.
This is no longer one girl’s fight in Sweden. 📢🌍 The future of our planet depends on these young people, acting on their conscience. 🌏 Join @StrikeClimate and attend the global #ClimateStrike on 20 September.
See you there? pic.twitter.com/9xIqu445cc
— Amnesty International Australia 🕯 (@amnestyOz) September 18, 2019
So far, many showed their support for the cause and the massive resistance movement we are all about to witness. Schools allow kids to participate, companies give time off to their employees, and digital outlets cover the story 24/7.
While we will be joining the climate strike in the digital environment, we believe we can help others to join the cause as well. If for any reason you cannot physically take part in the movement, you have plenty of digital and online solutions to become the change you want to see in the world.
How to Support the September 20 Climate Strike
- First and foremost, if you want to take the streets, use the resources here to find an event in your country/city. If you do not see anything suitable, you can start your climate strike.
- In case you want to join the digital climate strike and you need visual aids and banners for your website or social media accounts, here you can find plenty of ads, logos, images, and posters to cover all your online needs.
- For WordPress users, the Digital Climate Strike plugin is an excellent way to go on strike with your website for a few hours or the entire day.
- Make your voice heard on Twitter – the ClimateStrike hashtag will lead you to the right people and online resources you can use to make your personalized stand against climate change.
- Join one of the many official climate strike Facebook events, invite your friends, and share them with your network!
“You Are Never Too Small to Make a Difference”
We encourage every one of you to join the climate strike to the best of your abilities. Whether you display a banner on your website, share a video or an online event, speak your mind on social media, donate to a charity, or decide to start living a zero-waste life from this day on, you will be a part of the change.
Listen to this amazing 15 years old girl who is not afraid to speak the truth and take the world by storm. Change is coming, and we can all be and should be its architects. Together.