Are you looking for one of the eco-friendliest alternatives to plastic water bottles? The best insulated water bottle should keep your drinks hot or cold for hours. Insulated water bottles can accompany you to work, at the gym, or on your next outdoor adventure.
But how do we buy the best one to match our needs? We have a guide here discussing the best water bottles on the market this year so you can take your pick! Check out our best water bottle reviews and buying guides and pick an item that will help you drink more water to stay hydrated and healthy no matter the season!
How Did We Choose Each Best Insulated Water Bottle for This List?
Just as we did last time when we reviewed the best filtered water bottles, we spent hours browsing forums and users’ reviews, asked the manufacturers a bunch of questions, and carefully picked the five best water bottles with thermal insulation for you to consider. Check out the comparison table below and read each review for more information!
The Best Insulated Water Bottle of 2020 – Our Top 5 Picks
|Product Name||Weight||Capacity||Material||Best Feature||Price||Best For|
Hydro Flask Insulated Water Bottle
|1 pound||32 oz.||Food-grade stainless steel||TempShield Insulation Technology||$$||EDITORS’ CHOICE: 100% Green & Healthy Living|
Coleman FreeFlow Insulated Water Bottle
|14 oz.||24 oz.||Food-grade stainless steel||Up to 31 hours cold drinks||$||Price / Value Ratio|
CamelBak Chute Mag Insulated Water Bottle
|11 oz.||20 oz.||Stainless Steel||Lifetime guarantee for defects and workmanship||$$||Urban Activities & Commuting|
Takeya Originals Insulated Water Bottle
|12.8 oz.||24 oz.||Food-grade stainless steel||Original spout lid||$$||Outdoor Adventure & Sports|
S’Well Insulated Water Bottle
|1 pound||25 oz.||Premium grade 18/8 stainless steel||Triple wall ThermaS’well technology||$$||Design & Style|
Now, check out each insulated water bottle on this list and decide which one is the best water bottle for you!
1. Hydro Flask Insulated and Filtered Water Bottle
|Warranty||Limited lifetime assurance against manufacturer defects.|
|Eco Impact||Hydro Flask is a Parks for All supporter and donor, involved in the development and maintenance of public green spaces all over the world. BPA-free, recyclable.|
Why Should You Buy the Hydro Flask Insulated Water Bottle?
What is the best insulated water bottle you ask? Well, Hydro Flask usually comes to mind when people have such dilemmas. A top choice among outdoor buffs and sports aficionados, the Hydro Flask is, in our opinion, the best insulated water bottle for overall use and 100% green living. The no-slip grip, wide-mouth, and especially the innovative No-Sweat TempShield Insulation for hot or cold making it the best water bottle for your everyday hydration needs and outdoor activities as well. Here are some other features we believe you will enjoy:
- Double-wall vacuum insulation;
- Proprietary Honeycomb Insulation inside the lid for even more temperature control;
- Ideal capacity;
- Comfortable no-slip powdered coating and easy-grip design;
- Lifetime warranty;
- Compatible with all Hydro Flask wide-mouth caps & covers;
- Fits most vehicle cup holders;
|Best eco-impact among its competitors||It may leak sometimes|
|Pro athletes’ best insulated water bottle choice|
When you want your hot drinks to stay warm and the cold ones cold as ice anytime, anywhere, then the Hydro Flask insulated water bottle is the item for you. The best insulated water bottle for all intents, purposes, and needs, this product is a bestseller and a crowd’s favorite. The capacity and design make it ideal for carrying in your office purse, school bag, or outdoor backpack. It makes the fill-and-drink process a breeze, and it is resilient to wear, tear, and heavy carrying.
2. Coleman Insulated Water Bottle
|Warranty||Upon manufacturer request|
|Eco Impact||BPA-free. On average, helps you save 1460 16 oz. plastic bottles a year.|
Why Should You Buy the Coleman FreeFlow Autoseal Insulated Water Bottle?
It is hands-down the best water bottle from a price/value ratio point of view. We believe you cannot get the hi-tech button-operated auto-seal feature and the patented slide lock preventing the accidental pushing of the said button anywhere else for this price. Moreover, the durable, double-walled, vacuum-insulated 18/8 stainless steel bottle is an optimal choice for both your urban and outdoor activities. But let’s see the other features you might like:
- The High-flow spout provides you with quick and comfortable hydration;
- The auto-seal button caps the lid between sips, eliminating spills and leaks;
- High capacity for urban carrying;
- The protective spout cover keeps dirt and germs away from the mouthpiece;
- The dropdown lid makes it easy to clean;
- The stainless steel body is hand-wash-only, removable lid dishwasher top rack safe;
- Not optimal for microwave or freezer;
- Best for cold drinks.
|Best insulated water bottle for summer||Some encountered warranty issues with the manufacturer|
|Hi-tech no-leak design|
|Easy to use and clean|
Say goodbye to summer wave heats and at least four plastic bottles of cold water a day with this outstanding insulated water bottle! One of the best water bottles for the price – in comparison to its innovative design and leak-proof technology – the Coleman FreeFlow AUTOSEAL insulated water bottle is easy to carry, use, and clean. It fits perfectly in your summer office purse or messenger bag and makes reliable travel or outdoor adventuring companion.
3. Camelback Insulated Water Bottle
Best For: URBAN ACTIVITIES & COMMUTING
DYNAMIC CITY LIFESTYLE
CAMELBAK CHUTE MAG INSULATED WATER BOTTLE
- Thermoregulation: 24 hours cold – 6 hours hot
- Capacity: 20 ounces
- Material: 18/8 food-grade stainless steel
- Magnetic cap securely stows while you drink
- 9.4 x 3.7 x 2.8 inches
- 11 ounces
|Warranty||Got Your Bak™ Lifetime Guarantee for defects|
|Eco Impact||BPA and BPS free. On average, helps you save 1500 16 oz. plastic bottles a year.|
Why Should You Buy the CamelBak Chute Mag Insulated Water Bottle?
When you want to give up on plastic water bottles altogether and have a slick, lightweight, and comfortable insulated water bottle at hand, you cannot go wrong with the CamelBak Chute Mag. You can carry it with two fingers, and it fits all your bags, purses, rucksacks, bike bottle cage, and car. It is by far the best insulated water bottle for urban daily-use activities, but it also comes with some exciting features we are sure you will love:
- The magnetic handle keeps the cap stowed while drinking;
- The angled spout provides excellent ergonomics, comfort, leak-proof features, dirt-proof features, and high water flow without sloshing/spilling;
- Outstanding slick design and water capacity for easy carry and use;
- The tether firmly attaches the cap to the bottle for easy filling and refilling;
- The half-turn cap provides easy access to the water inside;
- The universal cap is compatible with Eddy+ and Hot Cap CamelBak vessels;
- The Got Your Bak™ Lifetime Guarantee covers all bottles from manufacturing defects in materials and quality for the lifetime of the product;
- No aftertaste/smell/odor is transferring from one drink to the next.
|Angled spout cap provides ease of use and fantastic drinking comfort||Some users complained about the bulky design|
|Easy to fill, refill, use, and clean|
|Excellent manufacturer warranty|
|Sturdy and resilient for everyday dynamic use|
The CamelBak Chute Mag is the best insulated water bottle to keep around at home, at the office, in your messenger bag, gym duffle, or travel backpack. It holds plenty of water cups to keep you hydrated for hours and makes an excellent urban companion for hot and cold days. The price is quite good, and the warranty offers you plenty of peace of mind.
4. Takeya Insulated Water Bottle
Best For: OUTDOOR ADVENTURE
ACTIVITY & SPORTS
TAKEYA ORIGINALS INSULATED WATER BOTTLE
- Thermoregulation: 24 hours cold – 12 hours hot
- Capacity: 24 ounces
- Material: 18/8 food-grade stainless steel – BPA free
- Double-powdered coat for a safe grip and increased durability
- 3.2 x 3.2 x 10.4 inches
- 11 ounces
|Warranty||Limited lifetime warranty|
|Eco Impact||BPA free, recyclable materials. On average, helps you save 1400 16 oz. plastic bottles a year.|
Why Should You Buy the Takeya Originals Insulated Water Bottle?
The moment you see this vacuum insulated water bottle, you know it will last. The double-powdered coat allows firm grip even when you have dirty or sweaty hands. The building is solid, and the materials are top-notch. Moreover, it holds your drinks cold for up to 24 hours and hot for up to 12 hours. The Originals Spout Lid allows you to sip, chug, or pour your beverage without removing the entire lid, making it perfect for one-hand on-the-go drinking (at the gym, while running, or, better yet, while hiking). But, here are some other things you should consider!
- Insulated leak-proof lid preserves temperature;
- The silicone band permits easy opening even with wet/dirty/sweaty hands;
- Both bottle and cap built to be sweat-free and easy to carry in no matter what container;
- The stainless-steel pin in the handle makes the cover almost indestructible;
- The innovative hinge-lock keeps the cap away from your face when you drink;
- The handle system allows you to carry, clip, or swing the bottle by your side;
- Fits in a standard car cup holder.
|The durable build makes it the best bottle for athletes, extreme sports lovers, nature adventurers, etc.||Some criticized bottle for sweating|
|Easy to hold in all environments, drink from, and carry|
|Does not transfer flavors|
|Sturdy and resilient in harsh environments|
Takeya is a reputable brand when it comes to good water bottles, but this Takeya Original model is the best insulated water bottle for active people who are always on the go. If travel and outdoor fun are your hobbies, then the Takeya will become a reliable hiking and backpacking partner as well. You can take it to the gym or out there in the field, as it is a good sport. It fits in your car and keeps you refreshed or warmed up anywhere and anytime you so desire.
5. S’Well Insulated Water Bottle
Best For: DESIGN & COMFORT
STYLISH EVERYDAY HYDRATION
S’WELL INSULATED WATER BOTTLE
- Thermoregulation: 24 hours cold – 12 hours hot
- Capacity: 25 ounces
- Material: 18/8 food-grade stainless steel – BPA free
- Triple ThermaS’well technology to keep the bottle condense-free
- 3.2 x 3.2 x 10.4 inches
- 1 pound
|Eco Impact||For every bottle you buy, S’well donates to UNICEF some of the proceedings to provide clean water to impoverished communities in the world. High-grade 18/8 stainless steel. BPA-free.|
Why Should You Buy the S’well Lilly Wood Insulated Water Bottle?
This S’well insulated water bottle is the epitome of beauty and technology combined. Besides its spectacular look, it also features the ThermaS’well tech with two stainless steel walls and a copper layer to keep the bottle free of sweat/condense in your hand or bag. S’well bottles are gorgeous, no matter what stylish design you choose, but they are also some of the best insulated water bottles you can find on the market. Here are some other specs you will enjoy:
- Insulated leak-proof and condense-proof design;
- Perfect for stylish women;
- Ergonomic shape and wide mouth for comfortable sipping;
- Hand-wash only;
- Its looks, feel, and versatility convinces you to drink more water.
|Best insulated water bottle for design & style||It chips and dents if you drop it|
|Easy to carry, drink from, clean, and use|
|Does not transfer flavors|
|Does not leak|
|Great condense-proof technology|
Women all over love this beautifully designed and versatile water bottle. You can keep it in your purse, on the desk, or take it to your yoga class. It can fit any drink without you worrying about flavor transfer as well. Probably the best insulated water bottle for stylish women with sophisticated tastes that want to keep up with their daily hydration needs in style. Perfect for all who want more than an insulated metal water bottle to accompany them all day. While pricey, this S’well water bottle is worth every cent. You should get it, especially because many of your cents go to Madagascar to provide clean water access and sustainability to vulnerable communities.
Why is it Important to Pick the Best Insulated Water Bottle?
In comparison to the best filtered water bottles we reviewed on a previous occasion, an insulated water bottle does not filter water. Insulated water bottles are not portable water filters, either. In fact, they keep your water or any other beverage for that matter cold or hot, depending on how you want it.
If you want clean, safe water to drink on the go or on your outdoor adventures, a portable water filter might suit your needs best!Check Out the Best Portable Water Filters!
As you could quickly figure out from the list above, good water bottles in the insulation and thermoregulation department come in stainless steel. They do not only help you carry your water, tea, coffee, or lemonade; they also preserve the desired temperature.
For this reason, the best insulated water bottle should provide you with a series of important features (that we also took into account when we established the selection criteria for this list).
Understanding Insulated Water Bottles’ Tech Specs and Features
- Environmental impact: Using an insulated water bottle means you can give up plastic water bottles, cups, and other non-sustainable containers. While all such bottles successfully replace plastic, many brands also carry a clear and robust eco-friendly agenda, donating to environmental charities, UNICEF, and more.
- BPA-Free: Bisphenol A is a chemical compound found in those hard plastic bottles we use regularly. Studies have shown that BPA poses risks to our health.
For this reason, when you shop for an insulated water bottle, a filter water bottle, or even a filter water pitcher, make sure that the plastic components in such products (even if they come in stainless steel or glass) are BPA-free.
- Durability: An insulated water bottle should resist wear and tear, carrying around, handling, and so on. If you carry one in your purse or backpack around the city, you will do just fine with all the insulated water bottles on this list. However, if you are backpacking, hiking, practicing extreme sports, or spending most of your time outdoors, you need a water bottle that can take a beating.
- Technology: As you saw above, many brands feature their proprietary technologies when it comes to insulation, lids, caps, handles, and more. Pick the one that suits your needs the best.
- Ergonomics and grip: Depending on your needs, an insulated water bottle should provide you with a firm grip, no-slip design, solid build, and so on.
- Thermoregulation: Surely you want a water bottle that keeps your cold drinks cold and your hot drinks hot for as many hours as possible. Nevertheless, some products work better with cold beverages, while others with hot ones. Make sure you pick either an “all-seasons” type of bottle or one that blends in better with your lifestyle and preferences. It never hurts to have two insulated water bottles for summer and winter, respectively.
- Warranty: As you saw, some of the water bottles on this list come with a lifetime warranty, or at least extensive satisfaction guarantees coverage.
Other Insulated Water Bottles to Consider this Year
Before we leave you to your search for the best water bottle for your needs, we want to offer you two more water bottle suggestions you can also consider this year. We did not get to review them, but they come with excellent recommendations and enthusiastic customers’ reviews. In case you want us to review one of the following products in more detail, please let us know so in the comment section below!
Contigo AutoSeal Chill Water Bottle – it comes with 4.7 stars on Amazon and quite impressive tech specs and features that make us give it a run for its money in the near future!
HYDRO CELL Stainless Steel Water Bottle – probably the best insulated water bottle with straw on the market today, it comes with a 4.7 stars rating on Amazon and endless praises from users and experts alike.
How do You Choose Your Next Best Insulated Water Bottle?
We hope you enjoyed each best water bottle review on this list. Do you already own one of these products or are you just now considering making some eco-friendly and budgetary changes? Do you feel that one of these water bottles would compel you to drink more water or enhance your efforts toward a more sustainable environment? What other products would you put on this best insulated water bottle guide and recommend us in terms of good water bottles?
Use the comment section below and tell us how you stay hydrated all year long? Do you keep a diet rich in the water? Do you always have a bottle of water in your bag, on your desk, or your bed stand? Let us know in the comment section below your thoughts and suggestions regarding insulated water bottles and your personal experiences with them!